The Flowering Hyssop Thyme is a very special herb that's only grown in the Middle East, where it is the primary ingredient in the za'atar spice blend (sometimes spelled zaatar, za'tar or zatar), along with sumac and sesame seeds. It has an ancient history of culinary and medicinal usage, and it has a beautiful floral, herbaceous flavor and aroma. Use it in place of regular thyme with roasted chicken, grilled vegetables and tomato sauces.
- Origin: Denizli, Turkey
- Process: Sun-dried
- Ingredients: 100% hyssop thyme (Thymus capitatus)
- Tasting notes: Lavender • Wild Herbs • Pine
- Add to stocks, soups, stews - especially your tomato sauces
- Toss with vegetables, olive oil, salt, pepper and chili flakes before cooking
- Infuse into your butter and use it to baste your meats or veggies